If the thought of going to Las Vegas has ever crossed your mind-then look no further. This guide to the 10 Top Things To Do In Las Vegas And Not One Is Gamble, is the final nudge and will make you want to take that credit card out of your pocket and head straight to the Travel Agents. Earlier this year we spent 4 amazing nights in a Suite at The Signature at the MGM Grand, one of the only hotels in Las Vegas that does not have a casino inside. For us this was perfect-we don’t gamble, did not have the funds to either but wanted to experience what Las Vegas had to offer. Here are ten reasons why we can’t wait to go back:
- I call it adults Disneyland. Imagine a place where you are surrounded by your wildest fantasies. This place is insane, over the top, extravagant, beautiful, luxurious and incredibly likeable. Even the fact that it is in the middle of the desert makes this seem like it has just been plucked out of a movie-wait a minute,it has. If you have seen movies such as The Hangover you will realise that this party destination can bring such eccentricities as drunken weddings, riding a roller coaster on top of a building or even just having the worst hang over of your life. The fact that you can buy meter long slushy margaritas and walk around town all day with them only encourages you to keep bopping along in the holiday spirit.
- The BEST place for seeing a variety of shows. Whether you are a die hard Celine Dion fan or want to get back to your childhood roots and see Brittany Spears, Las Vegas is the place to do it. There is an abundance of wildly different shows from Cirque du Soleil to the Blue Man Group and something to everyones tastes.
- Visit Paris, Venice and Greece all in one day. Never thought that was possible, well in Las Vegas anything is possible. Head over to the Paris hotel to be treated to an enormous Eiffel Tower or visit The Venetian to have a punt in real Gondolas whilst you are serenaded by authentic Gondoliers. If that wasn’t enough culture for you pop over to Caesars Palace to experience togas and Grecian statues galore.
- Visit a swanky bar. Las Vegas has some of the most luxurious bars in the world. The place is literally dripping in diamonds and money. You can even visit a bar set inside the worlds largest chandelier-I can’t even think of anything more luxurious than this.
- Watch the world famous Bellagio fountains move to music. The BEST place to witness this is by far the Hyde Bar at the Bellagio Hotel. Visit at sunset or early evening when the fountains look the best and the bar isn’t busy, then sit in the luxurious setting of the Hyde balcony overlooking one of the worlds most famous sights.
- Eat at an all you can eat buffet. These are a must if you come to Las Vegas and has to be done at least once. After much internet research before we went we ended up heading to two. The MGM Grand and Bellagio. For under $30 (approx £17) you can eat as much food and drink as you like, at the MGM they even throw in unlimited champagne-yes unlimited!!! Beware though, you might find yourself rolling out if you try and eat too much, it’s hard to resist everything thats on offer.
- Get on the VIP list. If you want to party then get yourself on a VIP list. You don’t have to be rich or famous just savvy and well prepared. Sign up to a free vip list website and you will be able to get your name on a list, get free drinks and free entry to some of Las Vegas hottest night clubs.
- Hotel Hop. You can easily spend all day just walking up and down the Strip hopping from one hotel to the other. Each one has so much to offer you will be entertained for hours. Best thing of all-you can do this for free!
- Stay somewhere luxurious. If there was ever a time to push the boat out and stay in a luxurious hotel then this is IT. Las Vegas is one of the most popular destinations on the planet and as such offers the largest variety of luxury accommodation all within one area. As it is a gambling city you are able to stay in the most amazing hotels for a fraction of what it might cost somewhere else. Choose the time of the year wisely and you could have 4 nights in a 5* hotel suite for less than what one night might cost in New York.
- Get Married. Cliche-yes! But still a very popular wedding destination and with a variety of wedding chapels and reasonable flight prices you can invite your family over and have your hen/stag party, wedding and honeymoon all in one.
Now if that isn’t enough to persuade you, I don’t know what is.